1988 was the realest year in history. So where were you?
We all know where Mick Boogie was. Conceptualizing this remix album, that’s where.
UK soulstress Adele, whose album ’19′ was definitely one of my favourite albums this year hands down, has been gratuitously remixed by Mick Boogie and friends, utilising Hip Hop classics from 1988 – and it works.
Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton even enjoyed it.
As opposed to just a mashup, it’s a full remix LP that even includes dope guest spots from cats like Nalege (of Kidz In The Hall) and Big Pooh (Little Brother). Here’s the tracklisting:
1) Chasing 1988: The Intro (f/ 6th Sense)
2) Day Dreams (nVMe Remix)
3) Tired (6th Sense Remix)
4) First Love (Remot Remix f/ Naledge)
5) My Same (Garbs Infinite Remix)
6) Melt My Heart To Stone (Kickdrums Remix f/ Big Pooh)
7) Cold Shoulder (Garbs Infinite Remix)
8) Right As Rain (nVMe Remix)
9) Make You Feel My Love (Remot Remix)
Download Mick Boogie and Friends’ remix LP Adele – 1988
Shouts to my man Remot for landing two remixes on here, and of course, much love to his manager Sean Deez, the homie for real. Look out for Remot’s work on upcoming The Movement Fam projects.